It was an era when riding a motorcycle was courageous, patriotic business—riding the “iron horse” into harm’s way for the preservation of freedom. During World War II, over 100,000 Harley-Davidson® and Indian® motorcycles—“War Bikes” —fought on our side to help us win the war, seeing action in all theaters of operations, highly regarded by all of our service branches. Their speed and maneuverability made them naturals for scout and recon duty. But, if the enemy spotted you, they knew they had to take you out before you could return to report their position. That’s why our armed forces equipped our motorcycles with the .45 Thompson—the one and only firearm of all time directly linked with the American World War II motorcycles. They were spiritual brothers—partners in combat, each precision made of steel, each festooned with cooling fins—on the engine cylinders and 35 on the Thompson barrel—and forged together in the fieriest cauldron, war! The Thompson, handily fitted in a thick leather scabbard mounted on the right front fork, was the perfect weapon to break contact with, or take on, an enemy patrol.
Custom Gunsmithed “Beast”
This is a step back in time to the old days of WWII. Precision machined from solid steel and solid Walnut, the Thompson weighs 12 pounds unloaded; it is a beast of a weapon! Each will meet your closest scrutiny because it is custom gunsmithed to the highest standards:
• The precision-machined ordnance steel is precisely mirror polished by experienced gun polishers and matte-finished for contrast.
• Deeply etched and selectively plated with genuine 24-Karat Gold, the display side features a World War II Motorcycle Scout at speed astride his motorcycle. The WW II 48-star flag and famous Thompson trademark flank him—all bordered with a motorcycle chain, encircling sprockets and tensioners.
• The 24-Karat Gold plating continues on eleven components, for lasting beauty and value.
• The Walnut stocks are beautifully finished to ultra high gloss, en suite with the finish of the steel.
• The shoulder stock is inlaid on both sides with a Gold plated fired-enamel cloisonné, in the colors of the motorcycles gas tanks—a white star on Olive Drab.
• The pistol grip is inlayed with a Gold plated fired enamel custom cloisonné of a spoked motorcycle wheel.
Strictly Limited Edition
This is a strictly limited edition of only 1,945, in honor of the year of World War II Victory. Your Thompson is numbered with its own Limited Edition Registry Number between MC0001 and MC1945, “MC” standing for “Motorcycle”. A special Deluxe “One of 100” Hand Engraved Edition was also available, but is now closed. Return to and memorialize this era of men of courage—including those who rode the “iron horse” into war in the defense of freedom, themselves defended by the famous .45 Thompson—two great American warriors, now memorialized and reunited precision machined in steel, Gold and Walnut.
A custom-built, luxuriously lined Display Case with identification plaque is available. Includes locking glass lid to protect your firearm from dust and unauthorized handling. Suitable for wall mount or tabletop display.
We will arrange delivery through a licensed firearms dealer of your choice. You do not need a special license to own the Tribute. Anyone who can own a standard hunting rifle can own this, in most communities. (Not available in California or Connecticut.)
I wish to reserve the “World War II Motorcycle Thompson“, a working Thompson, at the price of $2,995*. Each Thompson is numbered and registered within the limited edition of 1945, and is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity. Thirty-day return privilege.
Please charge my credit card a deposit of $195 per Thompson. I will pay the balance prior to delivery at the rate of $100 per month, with no interest or carrying charge.
* All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If I cancel my reservation prior to delivery, I will receive a full refund, less a commissioning fee of $195. Shipping and handling will be added to each order. Virginia residents please add sales tax.