Big Al (“Scarface”) Capone. “Baby Face” Nelson. “Bugs” Moran. John Dillinger. “Machine Gun” Kelly. “Lucky” Luciano. “Machine Gun” McGurn. They were some of the biggest business tycoons and henchmen our country ever knew. J.Edgar Hoover. Elliot Ness. Melvin Purvis. The “Untouchables.” They battled in the biggest domestic combat episode in our nation’s history since the Civil War. Fortunately for law enforcement, General Thompson’s weapon was on their side; only a fraction of the Thompsons in that era were ill-used.
“Born in Battle”
The Thompson was definitely “born in battle.” And if its Father was a lawman, its Mother was a gangster; mobsters stole them from police stations and National Guard armories. According to one historian, “The gun best known and most used by both sides was the Thompson.” Thompsons barked, staccato-style, from gun-festooned black sedans racing through the night to ambushes at speakeasies, and in raids on numbers rackets. Now, 80 years after after the opening days of the “Roaring 20s,” this turbulent era is recalled, and the Thompson is honored for its positive deeds, through the issuance of The Roaring Twenties Limited Edition Thompson. Like the Thompsons that roared in the hands of Elliot Ness and the “Untouchables”, it features the distinctive vertical forestock. The vertical foregrip Thompsons are the rarest and most valuable of the pre-war models, some of which bring tens of thousands of dollars. But, unlike the guns of the Twenties that fired in fully automatic, each of these fires only in semi-automatic, so anyone who can own a hunting rifle can own one, making them more collectible.
Each Custom Built
These special Thompsons are custom built to museum grade with superior gunsmithing:
• Steel surfaces are mirror polished and matte finished for distinctive, artistic contrast—exhibiting custom bluing to presentation grade.
• For beauty, distinction, and to enhance investment value, genuine 24-Karat Gold is custom plated to Jewelers Grade-Heavy thickness across the trigger, front and rear sights, Cutts compensator actuator knob, and both sling swivels.
• Historical information, dates, and embellishments which reflect the era are deeply etched in bas relief and selectively plated with 24-Karat Gold to Jewelers Grade-Heavy thickness across the receiver.
• Custom-made medallions, also 24-Karat Gold plated, embellish the pistol grip and the shoulder stock.
• The official Thompson logotype and “Bullet” trademark appear in 24-Karat Gold plating on the frame and pistol grip medallion.
• Even the sling swivels are 24-Karat Gold plated, and these are fitted with a deluxe leather sling.
30-Round Magazine! 50-Round Drum!
Your legal (in most states) Thompson is provided with a massive 30-round magazine. The 50-round drum magazine is also available (now holds only ten rounds). Both magazines are legal to own. This Thompson, like its famous forebearers, fires .45 ACP ammunition, revered by both law enforcement and military personnel, so it could be used to protect your home and family. Each is numbered between 001 and 500 with the prefix “RT”, for “Roaring Twenties.”
A custom-built, luxuriously lined Display Case with engraved identification plaque is available. Includes locking glass lid to protect your firearm from dust and unauthorized handling. Suitable for wall mount or tabletop display.
Special “Violin Case” For Display- NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
For undercover and concealed carry, musical instrument cases were occasionally adapted to carry Thompsons. Appropriately, such a case has been created with this Roaring Twenties Limited Edition and is not available at this time. Foam lined for protection, the clasps include a lock for security.
We will arrange delivery through a licensed firearms dealer of your choice. You do not need a special license to own the Tribute. Anyone who can own a standard hunting rifle can own this, in most communities. (Not available in California or Connecticut.)
I wish to reserve the “Roaring Twenties Limited Edition Thompson“, a working Thompson, at the price of $3,495*. Each Thompson is numbered and registered within the limited edition of 500, and is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity. Thirty-day return privilege.
Please charge my credit card a deposit of $295 per Thompson. I will pay the balance prior to delivery at the rate of $200 per month, with no interest or carrying charge.
* All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If I cancel my reservation prior to delivery, I will receive a full refund, less a commissioning fee of $195. Shipping and handling will be added to each order. Virginia residents please add sales tax.